Saturday, December 13, 2008

Training Log: Entry 667

ME lower

Reverse band deadlifts with lights
135x10
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x2
405x1
455x1
475x1
500x1

Notes: Back felt great, no twinge or loss of pressure whatsoever.  Tried pulling with my belt higher with better results.  Was originally gonna use straps, but the time it took to adjust them on the bar made me lose all the pressure in my abs.  Did fine without them though.  Focused much more on proper form than pulling PRs, with leg drive, body drag, and the arch being the main concerns.  Worked out incredibly well, and even 500 felt pretty light. Good to be handling heavy weight again.

Deadlifts from plates w/315
3,3,7

Notes: Trying this movement to really drill leg drive into my lifting.  Went a little light, as the last set shows.  Gonna bump the weight up next time.  Focus on that arch.

Band good mornings w/average
4x25

Notes: Finally hit my rep goal, and wasn't as fried as usual from this.  Dunno what I'll do next.  Maybe some SSB good mornings?

Band ab pulldowns w/average superset with trap bar shrugs of 225
50/15, 50/12, 0/10

Notes: Strict form is for the birds when it comes to shrugs I've decided.  I'm always gonna use some body english, so that I can actually recruit my traps into the damn movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment