Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Training Log: Entry 669

DE lower day

Speed very low box squats of 175+lights
10x2

Notes: Took a riser out of the box to reduce it to what is most likely IPF legal depth, if not lower.  I also got some new chucks, and moved my powerrack out of the slippery slot, to really get things going.  I can't get any explosion from the bottom with a narrow stance squat, but once I widen it out, open up my groin (ala Ed Coan) and push with the blades of my feet, it's a bit better.  I actually had moments where my mind was yelling "PUSH" and nothing was happening.  Definitely need to work on this.

Front squats of 225
3x5

Notes: Alternated between clean grip and cross arms every other set.  My clean grip is horrible, as to be expected.  First set I faked it pretty well, but on the third set it was like my elbows were at my side and I was just doing a military press.  On the cross arms grip, there's a ton more intensity in the lift because I'm trying to keep the weight from going forward, so it's somewhat like a zercher.  Either way, this lift blew me away like I had just done it for the first time. 

SLDLs of 285
4x6

Notes: I think having 2 deadlift movements per week is overkill, as I felt dead on the first set here.  Gonna hafta do some juggling here, because deadlifts from plates are definitely here to stay.

Band woodchops w/light
3x15

Notes: I tried to pull the band to my feet and really kill my obliques here.

Neck harness work.

No comments:

Post a Comment