Sunday, December 14, 2008

Training Log: Entry 668

ME upper

CG bench press with chains
Barx15
95x5
135x3
155x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
295x1 (20lb PR)
285x1
290x1

Notes: Felt incredibly strong coming into the weight room today, must be fully recovered.  Wasn't as worried about a pause at the bottom, as I figure I'm not gonna be pause benching with a close grip, and this allowed me to emphasize the lockout of the lift where I'm weaker.  Didn't go for the full heave though.

Incline bench of 135
15,9,6

Notes: Did some research on this movement, and decided to hit a higher rep range.  It paid off, as my shoulders and chest were both greatly fatigued here.  With heavy weight, I spend too much energy stablizing to really get anything.

Safety Squat Bar overhead tricep extensions
10,10,8

Notes: These nuked my triceps.  I was amazed at how fatigued these made me, and caused absolutely no elbow pain.  I've got a new favorite movement.

DB rows of 105
15,10,8,6

Notes: Don't know if I got great lat activation, but gotta just pull heavy at one point.  All movements from a dead pause from the floor.

EZ bar curls of 65
4x15

Notes: Finally hit my rep goals, with some rest pausing thrown in.  Form was a mess, but they're curls, who cares.  Gonna hit up some DB work as my next movement.

 

Some rear delt work.

No comments:

Post a Comment