Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Training Log: Entry 676

ME upper

Pause Bench press with chains
Barx10
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x1
275x2
300x1
300x1
295x1

Notes: Focused on keeping tense through the movement.  I need to move my bench, the floor is too slick and my feet aren't sticking.  Right tricep is lagging about 4-6 inches off the chest, lockout strength is still a concern.  Going to remove chains from my RE work and bring the board press back into my ME work.  On the plus side, my shoulder no longer bothers me on the bench, nor does my lower back on lower body movements, so I think my pre/re-hab phase is done, along with my experimentation with different movements.  With my diet cleaning up, I think I'm ready to go full steam ahead.

Incline bench press of 135
15,13,8

Notes: Triceps burned out early here.  Need a wider grip next time, maybe even more weight.

SSB tricep extensions
9,9,8,8

Notes: No elbow pain, and great speed.  Triceps blew up like balloons.

DB row of 105
15,12,10,8

Notes: BIG PROGRESS.  I figured out I've been pulling more with my right rear delt rather than the lat on this movement, which explains the uneven development I've been experiencing.  I focused on recruiting the lat on this, and it totally changed the movement, and made it a lot more difficult.  Lats were finally blown up after this movement, rather than the upper back.

Band face pulls w/light
3x15

Notes: Fried here.  Held the pause for a while.

 

 

Diet is going clean.  I got stuck out on site for 2 solid days with nothing but cottage cheese, sourdough bread, and some ham, so I had to make do.  Had my first cheeseburger in like a week today.  It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment