Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Training Log: Entry 953

Took my PFT today

Waist: 30.5" (WTF: 20 points)
Push-ups 1 minute: 67 (10 points)
Sit-ups 1 minute: 58 (10 points)
1.5 mile run: 11:12 (54.8 points)

Total score: 94.8

Met my goal, won't have to test again for a year.  Gives me 8 months to bulk and 4 months to get back in shape.  Celebrated with a burger and wings for lunch, and taco bell for dinner.  Bought some oatmeal today, which I'm going to blend into a powder to mix with my shakes in the morning.  I'm also going to begin carb cycling, eating carb heavy on my lifting days and carb light on non-lifting days.  I want to keep my conditioning up, but don't plan to do it by running for time.  Light running, walking, or hitting the bag is the goal.

Bench 265
10+2+3

Notes: Definitely touch and go as things went on, but still hitting my chest just fine.

Bradford press 125
9+3+3

CG 2-board press 235
9+3+3

Chins 20
11+3+2+13 second hold

Mat pulls 405
7,10

Notes: Difficult to break off the mats.  Hip pain paired with overtraining.  Use more quads and less hamstrings to lift it.  I'm also removing deads from my second upper body day and replacing them with DB rows, then replacing DB rows on my third day with chest supported rows.  Once I reach a point of no gains on the mat pulls, I'm going to remove a mat every training session until I'm deadlifting the weight off the floor.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment