Saturday, February 18, 2012

Training Log: Entry 1141

Bench press
5x225
3x255
8x285
5x10x210

Notes: Usual bench day.  Form deviation on final reps.  Current verdict of 5/3/1 is that it's doing great things for my pressing movements.  Undecided on squats.  I have been stronger on squats before, but that strength isn't sustainable in the long run.  Curious if 5/3/1 will give me more lasting strength.  May need to be switching to swiss bar soon, or perhaps floor press.  I'm thinking 3 cycles is as long as most assistance work will last.

Reverse band chins of 140
3x4

Notes: Switching to an average band before dropping back to straight weight.

Chins+chains
30

Notes: Got fed up with the insane reps.  Threading the chains though my lifting belt, so that it gets harder as I get higher.  Will work up to 50 reps with 1 chain, then add another chain and start at 30 again.

Pull ups
6,6,5,5,5

No comments:

Post a Comment