Sunday, April 21, 2013

Training Log: Entry 1423

Notes: Had 2 more deload workouts that I didn't really feel like logging.

Press
5x165
5x190
5x215
20x140

Notes: Final set of 5 I really had to dig deep on.  If my 5 week starts giving me trouble, I'm just going to cut it down to another 3 week and most likely go 5/3/1 for powerlifting style with a 3/5/1 approach, treating the second week as a psuedo deload.  As long as the weight keeps going up for the final week, I will consider this progress.

NG chins
77

Pull up ladders
6 ladders

Floor press 190
5x10

Notes: Aggravated my left elbow a touch, but all in all it's mending.  Really like this movement, which makes me wonder if it's really something I need to be doing.

Alternate DB curls w/fat gripz 25lbs
5x10

GB lateral raise/PC combo
3x8/11

Notes: Using a bend in my arm on the lateral raises to give the elbow some rest.  Honestly makes the movement more difficult.  Thinking that the chains were swinging and causing momentum w/straight arms.

2 comments:

  1. Are you still making a concerted mass-gain effort with no meet in sight yet? What are your thoughts on eccentric training for that purpose? Too recovery-intensive for the powerlifter even if it's better for hypertrophy?General kudos all around since I haven't commented in a while. I still check your log and blog daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @l3loodFist - I am somewhat in a holding pattern with my weight at the moment. I am moving soon, and my diet is becoming less stable. No real thoughts on eccentrics, everything I've read is against it, but haven't tried it myself to say one way or the other.Thanks for the kudos. I am the same with your stuff. I need to comment more, I'm still there everyday.

    ReplyDelete