Saturday, May 24, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1656

Deadlift 635
1x4



Notes: I have no idea where this came from.  Stars must have all aligned, because I was expecting a double with maybe a triple on my absolute best day.  Was honestly pretty nervous before the pull and had to talk myself into it, which is generally something I try to avoid, but it seems like everything worked out.  Massive lifetime PR, well into uncharted territory here.  650 is up next, with maybe a triple on the horizon.  Life is going to get in the way real soon with the little one due any day now, but I am hoping I can still manage to train the heavy stuff regularly and just scale back my assistance work.


Kettlebell swing
3x10

Reverse hyper 295
3x8

Ab wheel
3x17


SSB Squats 275+chains
3x10
1x20

Notes: Right knee has been screaming at me since I did squats, so didn't want to push too much harder than this.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. I can't remember, do you ever use sleeves for your knees? I don't have knee problems now but my left was bugging me for a bit last year and going to pick some up for preventative health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a bunch of knee sleeves, but I only ever use them in strongman comps, and more for mobile events than static. I really dislike squatting with knee sleeves on, for some reason it seems to mess with the mechanics of the lift for me. I use to use the elitefts SHD knee sleeves for heavy squats, thinking it would mimic knee wraps but be more convenient, but honestly, wraps just work so much better.

    These days, for squatting, I would just do a loose wrap for support and use sleeves more for walking around/mobility stuff.

    Thanks for the accolades. I'm so happy with how this lift is progressing.

    ReplyDelete