Monday, November 3, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1743

AM workout

Bench 260
5x6

Notes: Really loving this program.  Actually looking forward to my bench days each week.  Used my new weightlifting shoes on this, and they worked awesome.  Much better leg drive while using them.

Chins
5 minutes

Notes: Shoulder feeling better and better.  No issues with this.

Lat pulldowns 110
Sets between sets of everything

Shoulder shocker
3 rounds

Pull aparts



PM workout

1.5 mile run

Notes: Quads have been feeling like broken glass all day, and this didn't help.  Thankfully just sore from my deadlift squat workout, but still, this was pure "life sucks" training.

Also, my pair of 105lb dumbbells arrived today.  Expect to see that weight a lot in my training log for future posts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that you're having a positive experience so far and that your shoulder is getting better. How would you rate your time with ROM progression on the bench press? And congrats on the dumbbells, I am absolutely KICKING myself for not jumping on a $200 Craigslist deal for a pair of 140s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROM progression with bench was great, and got me past a LONG standing plat. It was awesome too because I did all my work off the chest from a dead stop with no eccentric, which built a lot of confidence in my ability to hit it in competition. That said, it's been nice having someone else do the thinking for me on this one.

      That is a sweet deal, definitely gotta keep eyes open. I'm always looking for another part of the collection, haha.

      Delete