Thursday, December 11, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1764

AM training

105 FG DB press/190lb axle press/125 keg press

Notes: Ran through a light version of the comp, minus the sandbag press.  Found out my sandbag was 220lbs after multiple attempts to clean and press it, which fatigued me a little and killed my leg drive on the DB press.  Still, big confidence booster.


Chins
Many sets

Incline DB press 105 w/reactive slingshot
3x8

Curls/pressdowns/pull aparts


PM training

150lb sandbag clean and press
Multiple singles

165lb keg clean and press
1 successful single


Notes: Working competition weights now.  The sandbag clean is easy while the press is difficult (have to get the bag just right in the hands or else it falls forward/backward).  The keg press is easy but clean is difficult (need some explosion).  Right now, here is my theory for approaching this event.

Circus DB first (going to require the most leg drive and coordination out of everything else.  Want to hit it when I am at my freshest)

Axle second (heaviest weight in the medley, not worried about the press, but want to get the clean)

Keg (assuming first two lifts go well, should be able to rip this off the floor.  Otherwise, I'll use the technique from kalle)

Sandbag (I can brute force this, and it's going to take the longest to set up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment