Saturday, December 13, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1765

(5) Mat Pulls 620
1x11

Notes: Losing too much weight from training.  Belt wasn't fitting right on my normal setting, went 1 notch tighter, wasn't able to get my normal set up.  Breaking off the floor suffered, while locking out wasn't terrible.  Still a decent showing, but need to make an effort to eat more.

Ab wheel
11,10,10

KB swings
3x10

DOH hold 405
90 seconds

Notes: Incredibly easy today, don't really know why.

Squats
14x405
7x405
3x405
20x315

Notes: This was nuts.  Fell forward on the 9th rep of the first set and just about lost the bar, recovered and got the rest.  Went far deeper than normal as well, going to see how well my hamstrings handle this. Squats have been improving really well with this approach.  Once I get to 20 for 405, will have to see what happens next.  That said, after my comp in Feb, going to make all my heavy work with the SSB, as I imagine my issues with the deadlift are part of getting rid of the SSB in my programming.  Will keep squats on deadlift day, and then make my "squat" day ROM progression SSB squats with a backdown set for more volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment