Thursday, December 18, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1768

AM training

210 axle/105 FG Dumbbell/150lb sandbag/165lb keg medley

Notes: Attempted this twice.  First time, got the axle and wiffed on everything else.  I was wearing my elbow sleeves and wrist wraps, and the compression cut off circulation and actually killed my ability to grip anything for the clean.  Second round, only wore my elbow cuffs and managed to hit the axle, DB and sandbag with no issues.  Glad I sorted that out before the comp.  Also, gotta stick with my gameplan.  When I put the keg last, I just plain could NOT clean it, no matter how much I tried.  The sandbag, however, I can hit in my sleep.  Save that one for last.  I'm not too worried about this event at this rate.  Don't think I'm going to do great, but probably high middle.  Going on vacation soon, going to pack fat grips and the sandbag so I can drill FG cleans and FG DB presses at a commercial gym and work the sandbag on the road.  When I get back before the comp, I'm going to drill the crap out of the keg.

Rest of the workout was light pump stuff.  Was pretty fried, didn't want any weight in my hands.  Stuck with bands.


PM training

(4) Mat Pulls 620
1x10

Notes: Very pleased with this.  Did this on my lunch break while in a hurry, and as part of a 2 a day.  Normally, I dedicate my Saturday to pulling, with huge meals through out and a proper amount of mental focus, so to be able to just pull this at will was awesome.  Something I've noticed about this cycle compared to the last time I was moving 620 is that I seem to be pulling slightly fewer reps here, but I'm having far more bad days than good while doing that.  My last cycle of 620-635 was one of the best ones I ever had, and being able to have my bad day strength match previously good day levels of strength is a pretty good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment