Monday, December 22, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1770

One arm DB press
100x2
115x1
120x1
125x1

Notes: 125 actually went up pretty smooth, but speed was slowing down and I still had more pressing I needed to get done.  Was able to get the 100 on the left side too.  Leg drive is coming back quick.  I have to visualize THROWING the weight rather than pressing it.

Bench press 280
3x6
1x4+2

Notes: Couple of variables working against me.  Benches at this gym have j-hooks that are either way too high or too low.  Sided with too low, but between that, the elevation change and pressing beforehand, I was very pleased with this.  Kroc's program is still sound, my strength is coming along, as is my stability.  Also, found a texas power bar at the gym, which I stole for the rest of my workout.

Pull aparts

Squats 405
15
8
4

Notes: Cut out my last set of 315 just because the elevation change kills me here, and I want to make sure I don't die on the ride home.  That said, the set of 15 was smooth, fast and deep.  I really stumbled on something great here.



EDIT: Contest promoter just announced that the sandbag press has been axed for an odd object press.  F**k.  The only real sucky thing is that I packed a sandbag to train with while at my in-laws, when I could've packed the keg or axle or something else instead.  Strategy is going to change a little bit for the event.  Going to go axle, DB, keg and then just go for broke on the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment