Saturday, May 23, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1856

(4) Mat Pulls 570+chains
18 reps total

Notes: Needed 4 pick ups for this.  Strength was there, but endurance wasn't.  Could only grind out 8 reps on the first go.  Happy with the total, but hopefully can get back to hitting at least 10 on the first pull.

Yoke 480
4x75'

Notes: Really hammering foot speed.  The whole time I am thinking "fast fast fast".  There is a clear difference in foot speed when I focus versus when I autopilot, and I really felt like I was flying on these.  Plan is to cycle the weight to get some work with speed and some work with weight.


Squats 455
1x9

Notes: Gameplan was to go with my "Zeno Squats", but "strength and no endurance" was the theme. Those 9 squats took a ton out of me, and I figured I'd play it safe after that.  Need to hammer squats later in my training to get my legs used to the volume.  Don't want to fall into my trap of legs being too sore to train for a week after a hard squat workout.

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed with your pull and squat reps at those weights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I definitely got all cylinders firing these days on the training, and things are moving along well. I am sure a stall is due, haha.

      Delete