Monday, July 8, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2469

PM WORKOUT

SUPERSET (press and lat pulldown)

Axle strict press
5x66lbs
5x141
5x166
11x186
11x166

5x10x90lbs

ALTERNATING GIANT SETS (on odd sets, axle strict press, on even sets barbell behind the neck presses, both followed by dips, lateral raises and band pull aparts)

Axle strict press 136
2x10
1x8

Dips
3xF

DB lateral raises 20lbs
3x10

Band pull aparts
3x12

Barbell behind the neck press 95lbs
2x10
1x8

Dips
3xFailure

DB lateral raises 20
3x10

Band pull aparts
3x12

Notes: 3:45 between heavy presses, 2:00 between giant sets.  Mixing more stuff up, brought back the back work with the pulldowns and brought back a really old classic with the behind the neck presses.  Used my echo bar for those, since it has no center knurling and wasn't going to tear up the back of my head.  Did them standing, and unracked out of the yoke.  Had to fight my instinct on every set to set them up like a low bar squat.  Used a VERY wide hand spacing because that was all my mobility would allow.  But still, if the dude with the 6 shoulder dislocations, torn labrum and dozens of subluxations can manage it, it's probably not as dangerous as the internet makes it out to me.  It definitely DOES make the shoulder suck in a whole different way than pressing in front of the body, but I wanted to keep both because the latter is still valuable as an athlete and I don't want to lose that skill.

Thinking about rotating the strict press implement each week while keeping the behind the neck as the staple.  Might be something I implement.  Just letting myself play around some in my training. 

Haven't weighed myself in a long time.  Also, I'm just putting this out in the universe, but I'm thinking I may have torn the labrum in my left hip.  Recovery on it is still very slow, and I keep snagging it on stuff.  Training is zero issues, but I'll turn/pivot in my day to day life or get in/out of my car or a booth at a restaurant and suddenly it will lock up/be in pain.  I suppose time will tell.  I have no real plans to stop: just going to keep slamming it with training and force it to heal or fall off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment