Thursday, July 18, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2475

EARLY PM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 301
2x10
1x7

Close grip axle bench 256
1x10
2x8

Swiss bar incline bench 200
1x10
1x9
1x8

Dips
3x25ish

Standing ab wheel between benching (5x5, then 2x4)

Notes: 3:25 between benching, 2:00 between dips. Heat index of 115 outside, and most likely even hotter in my blast furnace of a garage.  "*Ain't found a way to kill me yet...*

But to think: some people PAY to have sweat lodges, and meanwhile, I get to have vision quests in my garage between sets FOR FREE.  I might start playing "Lunatic Fringe" for the full effect.  At one point, I looked at the bright and then dark red colors my skin was turning and wondered to myself "is this what dying looks like?" 

But maybe I was just turning into Abigail from Final Fight

image

Ok, running commentary aside, I was strong this workout, but dealing with external variables.  It was finally hot enough that my hands started to sweat, which meant I was losing my grip on the bars.  And when you own super pretty Ironmind axles and dip bars, you don't want to ruin them with chalk.  That said, the weather is already ruining them, so I may has well bite the bullet next time.  Wasn't a factor until the second set of close grip benching.  I figured out to wipe my hands on a towel before sets, because my shorts were soaked through with sweat and just made things worse.  Learning some lessons as I go.

For a good demonstration of the impact of the heat, this is me immediately post workout, looking like I went swimming in my clothes

image

Keep in mind that's from a BENCH workout.  I'm laying down for most of it.

And, while I was taking glamour shots, I decided to capture my current level of dehydration induced leanness

image

No comments:

Post a Comment