Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2721

EARLY AM WORKOUT

(1) Low incline DB bench 105s
1x19
1x12
1x9

Axle bench press 210+chains
2x10
1x6

Swiss bar incline bench 180
3x10

Pull ups between sets of benching
7x8
3x7
1x10

Dips/chain curls superset
1x46/12
1x36/12
1x31/12
2x30/12

Notes: 2:00 between sets.  Worked a 12 hour shift overnight, ate my pre-workout meal on the ride home, dropped off the kid and hit this.  Felt even better than yesterday's: most likely found my groove on this schedule.  That said, mental fog was present because I totally screwed up loading the incline bench by 20lbs.  The 35lb bar always makes me struggle with plate math, and totally I totally whiffed.  Oh well: most likely needed a lighter day.

I'm planning on alternating weeks with the curls at the end.  As much as the chains really are tearing up my arms, the Poundstone curls were really just pumping up the whole body and seem too valuable to completely get rid of.  I'm thinking on the final week of the 3 week wave I'll do chain curls, since it's when I'd get the most sets in, and otherwise Poundstone curls.

Next week, the bench incline goes up another level.  We'll see how the protocol carries through on that.

Digestion has been going crazy past few days: also something I attribute to sudden change in sleep and nutrition.  Just another variable at play.

Came up with my squat workout for tomorrow: going to start with the bar, do a set of 8, rest long enough to load a 25 per side, set of 8, strip it and do a 45 per side, set of 8, add the 25, repeat until I can't, then walk it back down.  I wanna get it done quick because I'll once again be coming off a night shift and I have company coming into town, and I'm thinking I can just count the earlier sets in the workout as my warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment