Monday, October 2, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3075

AM WORKOUT (0425 get out of bed via alarm, was awake for hours, rough night of sleep)


**JUGGERYOKE BONUS ROUNDS** Week 1, Day 1





30 Minute EMOM


Round 1: 3x161 Axle continental and push press away

Round 2: 3x205 SSB Front Squat

Round 3: Either 3x115 weighted dip OR 3x32.5 weighted chin (used 57.5 on the first go due to mislead)


After EMOM


Hanging leg raise w/10 lat shrugs (1 min rest)

5x5


CONDITIONING






Ladder as many rounds in 10 minutes starting with


1 KB throw w/24kg bell

2 Goblet squats

3 push ups


Then, 2-3-4, 3-4-5, etc.  I got through the 10 and 11 of throw-squat before time ran out



Breakfast


Walk w/dog



Notes:


* Now that my competition is no longer happening in 2 weeks and I’m still slated to go on a cruise, I’m just going to run Juggeryoke for 2 more weeks (since Jamie has called it both a 6 week AND 8 week program) with a few changes as a proof of concept test for future runs.  In that regard, I really like the SSB front squat (big shock there) since I have far less slippage issue to deal with, but I can tell that, if I get lazy, I lose out on the upright torso and just let my body crumple forward, which is a unique training effect, sure, but not really what we’re going for with Juggeryoke.  Still, I think I’ll give it at least A training cycle, and be willing to move back and forth between that and a barbell.  I am surprisingly pretty comfortable with the axle, which I can thank Easy Strength for.  Weighted dips continue to just be awesome.


* Sticking with the EMOM format.  I like how honest it keeps me with rest times.  I am moving quick through this, but it’s decently heavy.  When I need to get stronger, I can up the weight and increase the rest times.


* That conditioning workout was clutch.  Lotta suffering in 10 minutes.

       

* Feeling the best I ever have after a competition.  Recovery is on point.  Going with a mini-famine approach leading up to this cruise so I can totally debase myself nutritionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment