Thursday, October 12, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3084

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm, much better night of sleep)


**TOWER OF BABEL**





170lb Front Squats (bodyweight)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1


5 burpees between each set


Then 10 squats as a backoff


1 mile 40lb weighted vest walk


20 standing ab wheels

25 push ups

25 squats

25 band pull aparts



Breakfast


Walk w/dog


Notes:


* I keep forgetting the impacts of the famine, but I came into the gym this morning absolutely not wanting to do anything and moving real slow, and then remembered that this is how I tend to feel on the final days.  So it means everything is going according to plan.


* First time running a beltless version of the tower.  It’s a much faster transition this way: fewer places to hide.  I also set up inside the rack vs on the yoke, so it was a very quick turn around onto the burpees.  Tried to focus on the jump in the burpee.


* All this said, I wasn’t as floored as I was during my last run of this, which was forever ago.  Part of me thinks the belt might be worth using, because it allows for heavier weight used.  But it could also just be I’m not as strong and also in better shape, so I’m not putting as much stress on myself and recovering better.


* Took the page out of the Dan John Easy Strength for Fat Loss book and went for the walk afterwards, since we’re predicting severe thunderstorms tonight and walk opportunities are minimal.  Also got in those push ups and squats to get me to an even 100 reps total, counting the stuff from the burpees.  Keeping the ab work in because I tend to neglect it when left to my own devices.  


* Thinking about the future, I really need to get some DB rowing, GHRs and Reverse Hypers back into my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment