Thursday, October 5, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3078


AM WORKOUT (0415 wake up)


**JUGGERYOKE BONUS ROUNDS** Week 1, Workout 4: Shrugs and Squats (out of sequence due to schedule)





SUPERSET CIRCUIT (shrug-press/abs)


Axle shrugs against bands

8x3xStrong+light band

2xAMRAPxStrong band


Behind the neck press

4x8x100


Hanging leg raise w/10 lat shrugs

5x5


15 rounds of EMOM SSB Squats

15x245+chains


CONDITIONING


Tabata intervals of 24kg KB throws w/overhead squat on the 10s


Breakfast


Walk w/dog


Notes:


* Really appreciated this set-up compared to previous.  Shrugs against bands are easier to set-up and really drill into my traps.  Saving the squats until the end allows me to really give it my all.  The EMOM keeps me honest, although I should up the weight next time.  SSB definitely supports heavier loads and I feel less beat up.  I think I’m on board with 3 different squats for this program: front, buffalo bar and SSB.  The chains are still pretty awesome.  I’ll need to go a little heavier on BtN presses.


* Wheels completely fell off on the conditioning.  I’m wiped out.  Pretty sure I picked up some sort of stomach bug.  My guts have been twitchy, and I’m seeing my physique reflect illness by going completely flat despite the carb-up I did earlier in the week.  Just gotta wait for it to pass.


* May try to get in a little more walking today, if schedule permits.  I’ve been slacking on the daily push ups and squats.  Part of that is that I’ve really appreciated the mental freedom of no longer feeling like I HAVE to do those things any more, but I do feel like there’s a benefit to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment