Friday, October 13, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3085

AM WORKOUT (0423 natural wake up)


**MONUMENT TO NON-EXISTENCE: JASON VOORHEES EDITION** (Happy Friday the 13th!)





As many rounds as possible in 40 minutes of


* 13 thrusters

* 13 front squats

* 13 squats

* 13 deadlifts


w/95lbs


Follow-on:


240 push ups in 15 minutes


Notes:


* Got inspired to do this last night, coming up with ideas for the morning workout.  Been a long while since I ran a Monument, and it’s typically not something I do for an AM workout since it can get loud, but keeping the load light so I could run through multiple rounds seemed to be the solution.


* Had to drop the front squats a few times.  Ultimately, it was holding the rack position that was beating me up.  If I cross armed it, I may have had a better chance.


* Great way to cap off this week of madness.  Pushed me hard and got in some quality reps.


* On the subject of quality reps, that was the goal with the push ups.  I could have gotten more with some sloppy stuff, but I really wanted to get in some solid work, as I’m seeing better results/impacts from that.


* In-laws come into town today to watch the kiddo while Mrs and I go on the cruise, so life/nutrition/training will get busy and chaotic again, which is where I thrive.  It’s my last day of the famine and my goal was met.  I’m lean again and really postured to take advantage of all the great food I’ll have.  We’re departing out of NYC, which means I’ll get some amazing street pizza, and then will make it a goal to eat every animal while I’m cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment