Tuesday, October 24, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3088

AM WORKOUT (0415 natural wake up, 10 minute snooze)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 1, Day 2





35 rounds of


EMOM: 2 keg one motions w/100lb keg


Between rounds: row


3.5 ladders of prisoner squats and push ups (70 total)


Breakfast


40lb weight vest walk w/wolf


Notes:


* Telling the story here: on the slaver’s ship, we’re rowing until we reach port, unloading the goods, loading the loot, then rowing to the next port.  And the drummer is keeping the beat the whole time.


* First time using my rower.  I got it cheap on Facebook market.  It’s actually a rower and a recumbent bike, which most likely means it’s not good at either one, but it was good enough for today.  Little learning curve on the seat locking in place a few times: I’m sure there is a bypass for that.  Didn’t really go all out on the effort: still breaking back in to training.  Whole body feels like it got beat with a bat from yesterday.  That “softening up” that John McCallum wrote about is for real.


* Was short on time this morning, so didn’t go too crazy beyond this workout, but that’s what makes “Chaos is the Plan” so outstanding: always room for changes, audibles, and playing things by ear.


* It was good weather for breaking out the weight vest on my morning walk.  Nice to get in a little extra conditioning.


* Later today I’ll get in some combat training…Tang Soo Do.  I can still work that into my LARPING.


* Nutrition for the week is in a weird place of post-cruise recovery and pre-birthday prep (I’m turning 38 at the end of this week).  I’ll be hitting up Texas De Brazil and engaging in NEAR full on nutritional debauchery, but since my wife and kid will be joining me I don’t want to spend 2 hours gorging myself to the point that I put the Gluttony guy from Se7en to shame.  But still: I wanna prep my body for maximal enjoyment, and today’s training was outstanding for that, because I’m already hungry.

4 comments:

  1. Are you the slave or slave master on the ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cimmerians do not practice slavery so I assume this is forced slavery

      Delete
    2. It definitely wasn't voluntary, haha. But I never say I am a slave or that there are slavers: just that it's on the slaver's ship. This is a Chronicle.

      Delete