Wednesday, October 25, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3089

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 1, Day 3


7 rounds in 35 minutes of

* 2-3-5-10 20kg KB clean and press away

Between rounds, some manner of assistance exercise alternating between neck harness, Wheel of Pain, Tree of Woe shrugs, Chins, trap bar rows w/135, reverse hyper w/180, or band pull aparts

20x275 breathing trap bar lifts w/20x20lb pull overs



5 minute lateral raise dropset

Breakfast

40lb weight vest walk w/wolf

Notes:

* Chaos is the plan!  The original plan for today was taking the log out for triples and 10x5, but I continue waking up feeling like I’ve been beaten with a bat, so I called for an audible and went with something a little lighter.  Along with that, I had a plan to do breathing trap bar lifts, and this allowed for a much smoother transition from the pressing to the trap bar lift, since I could already have it loaded up and in place vs having to fully dismantle the set up and reassemble the log.  

* 2-3-5-10 straight out of the Dan John playbook.  I tried to be a little strategic with the assistance selection, going for longer assistance movements when it was time to recover for the 5s and 10s and shorter ones for the 2s and 3s.  Also tried to pick more “bitter medicine” assistance exercises: all those things I SHOULD be doing that I neglect.  Calf work is about the only missing variable, and maybe I’ll get that in next time.  Also need some direct arm work in there.

* I always wanted to try breathing trap bar lifts, but I’m not really sold on them.  You can see and hear me struggling, but in truth the biggest struggle was the feeling that my right bicep was going to tear at any moment.  I didn’t really get the full body fatigue that is found in the squats.  I’m going to continue with my approach to alternate movements, but I think next round is going to be breathing good mornings (so I’ll do breathing squats Friday, then GMs either Mon or Wed next week).  I can see how the magic circle was advised as an in between.  

* Got a little bit of pain in the left elbow that I need to keep an eye on.  Too early in the training cycle to have consistent elbow pain.  I noticed it at Tang Soo Do last night, which was in turn just an average kind of class, nothing special to report.


PM workout was 15 ladders of prisoner squats and push ups at 2-3-5-10 for a total of 300 for each in 20 minutes.



But the real brag is dinner




T-bone from the family farm, and Mrs perfectly executed the sunny side up eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment