Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Training Log: Entry 340

Boxing today.

PT for warmup as usual.  Not tough.

Split off with my partner for about 45 minutes of sparring broke up into 3 minute rounds.

Getting much better.  Not squaring off, blocking shots more, reacting to openings more, etc etc.  Need to work on head movement, capitalizing on counter opportunities, and using combos.  Was finally letting my hands fly at the end.  Jab is nice and strong, needs more of a hip twist.  Guarded lots of shots at least.

No BJJ.  Shoulder bugging me.  Gonna be resting for a weak and eating lots of good food.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I know that bad form leads to back injuries, but that's why it's so ironic cause he's the one always telling me. lol.Yo, how frequently should I workout during the week? Cause I don't know how this low volume extends to like how frequently I should do it ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just having a conversation with a strength athlete about you. There's this strongman competitor named DieselWeasel who thinks he's the shit. He's 23 years old and he weighs 160 pounds. He uses the shittiest form and he thinks he's huge and strong as hell. He posts his videos all around the net and he's a fucking joke.You're 20 years old, 3 years younger, a MMA fighter, you lift for the fuck of it, and you still take a fucking shit on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?  I like the DiesWeas.  I'm subscribed to his youtube account.  I don't quite understand what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you know him well, you'd think that he was an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to butt in. I saw some videos not long ago of Diesel Weasel posted by someone else as an example how not Deadlift etc... A massive arguement errupted between Diesel and this other guy. That Diesel guy looks incredibly strong despite his size, I'm just wondering if he's going to do himself injury. Where's the balance between giving it your all and maintaining your form. In the video he was giving it his all, and when he was it's hard to know if his form was really bad. If you're lifting heavy then you might struggle a bit. One thing was he looked a bit unsteady on his feet. He also slammed the weight down, but he was lifting heavy.
    Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete