Monday, January 15, 2007

Training Log: Entry 343

New program.  The infamous 20 rep squats.

Weighted dips with 45lb plate
4X12
Note: Form was strong.  Little swing on the end.

Squats of 185

Note: Did 21 reps on accident.  Will recruit a spotter next time.  Weight was way too light, despite being near bodyweight.  Misjuged my ability.  Will bump up to 205 next time. 

Bodyweight Pull-ups
12,5,3,3

Note: Was supposed to be 2X15, but that wasn't happening.  Next time, I'll split into 5 sets of 6, and build up from there.

As a note: Cycled off creatine during my week off, and now I'm back to loading it.

Currently weighing in at 190.

4 comments:

  1. Are you doing Pavel's stretch method with 20 rep squats? I read about how much that helps, with your spine having to hold you up for so many reps

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 rep squats sound like serious business, and pullups are a bitch, but that's why they're awesome.Also, did I see something a while ago about an e-book you were sending to people? If so, you wouldn't happen to still have it would you? And if so again, would it be too much trouble to shoot me a copy? craigw21986@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not doing the stretching method.  I might once the load gets too heavy.
    Thanks for the support folks.

    ReplyDelete