Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Training Log: Entry 350

Dips w/55lbs
12,12

Note: Going good.  Very last rep a little shakey, but no momentum necessary.

20 rep squats with 245

Note: Forgot to breathe deep for the first two reps, then realized what I was doing.  Knees bent inward on the last rep, but that's forgivable considering it was the 20th.  Focus on spreading floor with feet.

Pull-over with EZ bar

Note: Wanted to try this out, but gonna stick with the DB.  Felt more pressure on the shoulder than the ribs.

Pull-ups
6,6,6,6,4

Note: 28 total, 2 away from my goal.  I'm sure I'll hit it by the next workout.

 

Weighing in at 195.  Some of it is prolly water from creatine, the rest of it is pain in my legs and the chip on my shoulder weighing me down.

4 comments:

  1. 20 squats still sounds horrendous (in the best of ways) to me.I tried pullovers a while ago, probably with a heavier weight than I should've, but they felt neat. Though, getting into proper/comfortable position on the bench (at least in the way the illustration depicted) was kind of awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the pullovers aren't for muscular contraction, you actually try your hardest not to contract.  You use it to stretch your ribcage after the squats to allow a bigger frame to add muscle.  It sounds weird, but I'm following this program near as close as I can.
    And yes, they are horrible.  My heart beats so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long ago was it when you were only able to dip with around 5 extra lbs or so?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long time ago...I can't really remember.

    ReplyDelete