Saturday, August 18, 2007

Training Log: Entry 444

Internet is a little sketch at the moment, so entries will come when possible.

New routine.

Deadlifts of 355
5x5

Notes: New gym has hexagonal plates.  These thing suck for deadlifts.  Weight lands all wonky and have to readjust for every rep, but I'll manage.

Overhead press of 155
5,5,4,3,2

Notes: Form is off on this one.  Been a while since I did overhead work.  I imagine once form gets better, the strength will increase.

Low pulley straight bar rows of 120
5x5

Notes: Don't want to get caught like last time doing really bad form, so I'm keeping weight low for a little and focusing on pulling into my stomach instead of a couple inches away.  Should get better results.

Got some new lifting shoes.  $15 Chuck Tayor knock offs from Wal Mart.  Will note any impact on performance.

 

Checked out the boxing gym on base.  Will be coming back on Monday when the coach is back in town so I can get the real run down.  Place has lots of great gear, but not much people.  I'm hoping that's just because it was a weekend and the coach was away on some sort of business.  If things work out, I can finally get back into training.

No comments:

Post a Comment