Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Training Log: Entry 447

Deadlifts of 430x2
Deadlifts of 375
5,2,2,2

Notes: There were some 100lbs smooth plates in the gym today, so I used them instead of the hexagonal 45s.  It made deadlifting easier, but I made a rookie mistake of not counting the bar towards my weight on the deadlift.  I ended up pulling a PR for two reps before realizing the problem.  It killed my deadlifts for the rest of the workout, specifically my grip strength.  I still had the power in my legs/back, but the bar was getting ripped out of my hands.  Gives me high hopes for the next time I try to right weight.

Low pulley straight bar rows of 140
5x5

Notes: Keeping form tight, pulling right into my stomach, engaging those rear delts/lats.

Overhead presses of 155
5,5,3,3,4

Notes: Was pretty exhausted from the deadlifts, but still made some progress.  Remember not to add any leg drive, as these are to be strict form.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. Makes you wonder how much we could really put up if we got the mental part out of our heads, eh?

    ReplyDelete