Monday, August 27, 2007

Training Log: Entry 451

Back in the boxing gym.  Warmed up for 15 minutes doing stretching and running on the tredmil, then worked the heavy bag for a few rounds, focusing specifically on finding the range on my jab.  Don't wanna stuff it any more than I need to.  Coach worked mitts with me for a round.  Focus on keeping proper feet spacing and angles while throwing combinations.  Keep that right foot angled, not flat, and keep the spacing.  Follow the jab with the cross and have the rear foot drag with the cross after the jab.  After this, I worked the heavy bag with this focus.  Remember to drag and then plant, instead of just throwing arm punches while dragging.

Coach worked the stepping transition more with me after the heavy bag.  I need to relax my shoulders more and turn my body away. 

Worked the double end bag for a few rounds, focusing on slipping and bobbing, and worked the speed bag for 1 round.  I suck at speedbag.  It's too high for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment