Sunday, August 19, 2007

Training Log: Entry 445

New shoes are working out great.  Really forcing me onto my heels.  Getting a great drive through.

Squats of 315
5,5,5,4,4

Notes: Had my wife check my form.  She says I'm sitting back really far, but my back is bending a bit.  I figure that comes with the bar being so far down on my back.

Bench of 270
5,4,3,2,3

Notes: The bars here are heavier/thicker than where I was before, so things were a little wonky on the lift.  Might just stick with the weight and go on through this.

Angled bar pull-ups w/45lbs
5,4,3,3,2

Notes: Not a damn straight bar to be had in this gym, so I have to use these weirdly angled pull-up bars that flare out.  Need to reduce the weight and build more momentum.  It's a new movement, hits my lats real hard, but it's easy to cheat the ROM because I have no bar to hit my chin with.  Need to focus on good form here.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck Taylor knock-offs from the Wal-Mart, eh? That's a good freaking idea. I'll keep that in mind just in case my gym peeps ever decide to get uppity over my socks-only deadlift and squatting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they only cost about $15.  I don't know what the brand is, but if you look for canvas shoes, you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete