Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I think it's time for a change.  Every morning I wake up sore.  My legs no longer heal from my lower body workout, my arms and back are constantly sore, I'm stiff, and I wake up exhausted.  I think I may be overtraining, but the main culprit is my diet.  I cleaned it up, and I'm eating a lot better, but the amount is way less.  I've lost 5lbs so far.  I'm going back on the 3-5, cutting my volume way down, and applying limited assistance work.  Rough outline.

Day A
Deadlift
Overhead press
T-bar rows

Day B
Squat (maybe front squat)
Bench
Pull-up

Assistance work
Band pulldowns
Band pull aparts
Some sort of shrug

Going to apply this for a weeks and see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. I recall you telling me beautiful advice once on GameFAQs. It went something like:
    "Eat MOAR!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minimalist approach looks like the way to go. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the move and everything coming up, the food situation isn't ideal.  I'll be eating tons when I get to my next base, but for now I'll be going on one of my involuntary cuts.

    ReplyDelete