Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Training Log: Entry 558

ME lower

Front Squats
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x2
275x1
340x1
345x1 (New PR)
325x1
275x1

Notes: Bar kept slipping for some reason, was partially zerching the damn thing up, felt like I was tearing my biceps or something.  Should use some chalk next time, and focus on keeping my elbows up.  Depth was awesome.  Mighta had more in me for a higher PR, but wanted to keep this a little light and shoot for a record on deadlifts next week.

Band pull throughs
Light bandx15
Double light band
10,7,5

Notes: Decided to give the band pull throughs a go.  Light was too easy, doubles were a little too much.  Should try a light and a mini next time and see what happens.  Still a great movement though, less loading on my spine and easier to hit high reps.

Saxon Side Bends w/20lb DBs
4x6

Notes: Perfecting form, not feeling pressure on the lower back as much as obliques.

Tricep pulldowns with the light band
1x20

Notes: Been feeling a little elbow pain recently, so decided to bring in some high rep pulldowns and see if it helps.

4 comments:

  1. Dang, I couldn't find a reasonable position for the bar with front squats. Seeing your high numbers makes me want to try them again.Why no profile picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My profile picture should be up there, unless something is wrong.
    Yeah, play around with front squats a little bit, they're a great exercise.  You might even have the flexibility to do them olympic style inistead of arms folded like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably just my computer, then.I actually did do them Olympic style because I couldn't seem to find a good position to rest the bar, so I had to stay pretty light. You must have mutant shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, the lack of mutant shoulders is the reason it was slipping, haha.  It rests a little more on the collar bone, which is why I wear a heavy sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete