Monday, March 24, 2008

Training Log: Entry 569

RE upper

Bench of 215
20,7,6

Notes: Hard as hell to progress on those last 2 sets after the first set.  Might up the weight and cut the reps on the first set next time around.

Close grip bench
x205
5,3
x185
5,5

Notes: Been a while since I hit this.  Don't quite have the weight figured out for post RE.

DB row of 125
8,8,6,6

Notes: Form was great today, got a good stretch in my lats.

Unilateral hammer curls of 60
6,5,5

Notes: Still wonky with the big plates, but figure a little cheating is ok.  It ain't for a gun show.

Band face pulls with a light band
15,10,10

Notes: Rear delts didn't want to play today.  Think the 2x a week is getting to be much.  Gonna scale it down to once a week, and replace the other training period with band pull downs and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Do you find you get better gains from RE days than DE? It seems like you do more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I analyzed things in a previous post, where my gains slowed down when I started working on DE, whereas I was making great progress on RE, and didn't see a reason to switch.  If things go stagnant, I might go back to DE work with the bands.

    ReplyDelete