Thursday, January 1, 2009

Training Log: Entry 677

RE lower

Squats of 225+chains
15,12,8

Notes: Broke out the belt, under the theory that it's best to train the movement exactly how I'll hit it for a heavy PR.  Amazingly, my back got really fried here.  Quads and lowerback were destroyed after it was all said and done, hamstrings didn't take on too much of the impact.  Some rest pausing where needed.  Strict 1 minute rests between sets.  Spent about 5 minutes after the third set just trying not to puke/let the lower back pump die down.

Pull throughs w/light
11,5,11,11

Notes: On second set, lower back kept cramping, and needed more rest.

Band ab pull downs w/average
3x50

Notes: New protocol for this day, ab work will immediately follow the squats.  Futhermore, today will be a frontward movement, and my ME day will be for obliques.  Hitting the pulldowns basically allowed me to stretch out my lower back and let some of the blood out so I could move again.

Straight legged closed stance arched band good mornings w/average
15,10

Notes: Longass name.  Did this to nuke the hamstrings so that they weren't left out.  Stuck my butt out like an RDL, and felt the termor going into it. 

 

I'd have to say the hardest part of the workout was walking up the stairs out of my basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment