Saturday, January 3, 2009

Training Log: Entry 678

RE upper

Bench press of 205
18,7,6

Notes: Removing the chains really changed the dynamics of the movement.  Could get a lot more reps in, and fatigued more at the midway point than towards the last 2 inches of lockout.  Think I might run 3 week waves here.

3-board press of 275
3x4

Notes: Felt really strong on these today.  Nice to be holding heavish weight in my hands again.  Had a good pause going.

Mini band raises
15,15,12,12

Notes: Still keeping my shoulders stable.

Pull-ups
20,7,7,8,8,5,5

Notes: First set was incredible, after that I was all out of juice.  Got an insane pump in the lats.

Hammer curls of 35
10,9,8

Notes: Form fell apart.  Ask me how much I care.

Trap bar shrugs of 225
3x10

Notes: Just some light work.  Should prolly get back on the Hise Shrug train.

 

Weighed myself today.  Amazingly at 205.5  My body comp is much better than the last time I was at this weight, and honestly I was expecting myself to be at 190 as a result.  Very pleasant suprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment