Sunday, January 18, 2009

Training Log: Entry 686

RE upper

Touch and go bench of 215
18,6,5

Notes: I'm prolly getting close to peaking.  Everything I touch feels incredibly light, and I just feel way stronger than I have in months.  I'm gonna ride this out and hit a serious deload in feb when I go on break (only bringing bands and grippers, gonna be doing some bodybuilding junk on the cruise ship).  I widened my grip a fingerwidth here, gonna keep experimenting.

3-board press of 295
4,4,3

Notes: Dropped it into the board on the first rep of the third set and lost most of my air, killing a rep in the process.  Still, it's 305 next week. 

Band flyes w/2 minis
12,10,8,8

Notes: This hit my delts right where it needed to, all the tie ins.  Gotta be very careful with this movement, high risk of shoulder injury if I junk up the form.

Pull-ups
25,10,10,10,8,7

Notes: Hit my 70.  Lots of rest pausing.  Thinking of adding some weight again here, but sticking with pull-ups instead of chins.  Gonna see if that saves my joints and ligaments any abuse.

EZ bar wide grip curls w/75
3x10

Notes: Lots of cheating, but who cares.

Hise shrugs of 275
2x25

Notes: Massive shoulder spasm from holding the bar too close on the left side.  Could explain why that shoulder is bugging me.

 

Weighing in at 207, which considering I'm cooking for myself, I'm happy with.  My job is nuts at the moment, and I pretty much come home, lift and sleep, then start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment