Monday, January 26, 2009

Training Log: Entry 690

RE upper

Touch and go bench press of 215
20,6,5

Notes: Deload needs to come up soon.  Weight was feeling light, but my joints and ligaments are all beat up.

3-board press of 305
3x3

Notes: Touch light and control on these.  Dropping the weight into the board takes away my ability to tense.

Band flyes w/2 minis
12,12,10,8

Notes: Right shoulder was bugging me until I did these.  Good re/pre-hab.  Actually got my chest involved here by squeezing at the top of the rep.

Pull-ups
25,11,11,11,9,8

Notes: Need to start weighing these things up.  These high reps are great for my back, but my body is getting thrashed.  3 week waves sound like the best strategy.

Wide grip EZ bar curls of 75
12,10,10

Notes: Massive cheating for massive gunz.

Hise shrugs of 275
2x30

Notes: I need to work my extensor work on my grip training, as my left forearm has horrible tendonitis when I try to grip the bar here.  My fault really.  I train my grip at work, and my schedule has been real heavy, so I've been training grip too much.

 

My legs are increibly sore and not healing.  My appetite is through the roof, and I'm eating tons, but my theory is that since I haven't had any snow recently, my GPP is going down due to a lack of shoveling, and I'm also getting no active recovery.  I might just go outside and shovel snow onto my driveway and then back off at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment