Monday, January 12, 2009

Training Log: Entry 683

ME lower

Safety Squat Bar parallel box squats
Bar x a million
115x3
155x3
155+chainsx3 (all weight from this point on is with chains)
205x3
245x1
295x1
335x1
375x0
345x4

Notes: Dumped the 375 from a technical error.  Blew most of my energy on it, and didn't think I'd be hitting a heavy single anymore today.  Loaded up the 345 intending for a triple, hit it, was still angry from the failed 375, and decided to just go for one more.  Put all my anger and agression into it, and cheated some by lifting the handles.  This was a real ME attempt, something I haven't felt in a LONG time.  I shouted loud enough for the entire base to hear, and saw the little metal stars.  From now on, I'm going to go in the 3-5 range on this lift, as the singles just are too hit or miss due to technique. 

Deadlifts off of plates of 365
3x3

Notes: Great technique today.  Focused on setting up my arch first and then pulling myself down to the bar.  Felt no strain whatsoever.  My confidence with deadlifts is increasing a millionfold from this lift, and I feel like I'll be back to my old numbers in plenty of time.

SSB good mornings of 155
10,10,8,6

Notes: Focusing on squeezing the glutes to get more power at the end.  My form is with a rounded back to mimic the position of a bailed squat.

Band side bends w/light
4x10

Notes: After all the heavy lifting, band work was all I had left in me.

Neck harness work of 50lbs.

 

Odin works in mysterious ways.  After the bailed 375, I thought this was gonna be a really crummy ME day, but it turned out to be one of my best so far.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get your SSB from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newyorkbarbells.com
    I got the 1,000lb model.  My wife promises that if I can lift more than that, she'll personally buy me the 1,500 one, haha.

    ReplyDelete