Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Training Log: Entry 691

ME lower

Slightly below parallel box squats
Barx5
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1
365x1
405x3
425x1

Notes: Got some more patio tiles to make a box with.  It takes 11 tiles and two 35lb plates to get to just the right height.  The triple was the real ME work today, and I might've been able to eek out a 4th, but not with good form.  My knees were tracking inside slightly on the final set and the 425.  Need to focus on pushing the knees out.  The RE lower is working for developing power out of the hole, but I'm not as used to the heavy weight on my back.  The walkout was actually the most difficult part.

My choice of ME work is reflecting my lack of technical proficiency.  Strength I got, technique I don't, and I'm training away from the stretch reflex and using movements that allow me to press from a dead stop.  After I get back from my cruise, I'm gonna bite the bullet and see what I can do with a free squat, but right now, I like this movement, and thinking of training this and SSB with chains for heavy triples, and reverse band deadlifts for singles.  Might stick with trap bar lifts as an alternate.

Deadlifts from plates w/385
1x3

Notes: Hit a twinge in my back on the final rep, so terminated the rest of the sets.  It wasn't a bad one, just a familiar twang, and I most likely could have continued to train the movement, but I've learned my lesson on back injury.  Sitting here right now, my back is feeling damn near indestructible, but the real test will be when I'm laying in bed. If I experience no pain there, then I'm free and clear.  I've been on this movement long enough anyway, so I'll be hitting elevated trap bar lifts, or maybe even deadlifts from mats.

Band good mornings w/average+light
4x10

Notes: Picked this just for the sake of keeping my back healthy, but it was nice to come back to them.

Band side bends w/average
3x12

Notes: Don't bend the knee on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment