Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Training Log: Entry 684

ME upper

2-board press
Barx10
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
315x1
345x1
345x1
345x1

Notes: This is a 55lb drop off from the last time I attempted this lift about a year ago, but I blame most of it on just CNS adaptation.  My lockout strength isn't where I want it to be, and my hands and tendons aren't used to handling heavy weight, so I'm cutting chains from this movement.  Need to focus on keeping the shoulder blades pinched tight together to shorter then ROM.  After reviewing my bench grip, I'm just going too damn narrow.  I'm going to start taking advantage of my new shoulder stability and bench wider.

Incline press of 155
15,10,6

Notes: Need to put a pin into the seat to keep it elevated.  I'm thinking of swapping this out soon for some sort of overhead work.  It's calling me.

Band tricep pushdowns w/light per hand
20,17,15,15

Notes: Each hand is holding a band to evenly distribute the load.  Got some tendonitis flaring up in my right elbow, hoping the bands will help.

DB rows of 125
8,8,7,7

Notes: Remember to get a stretch on the lat before the pull, otherwise I'm all bicep and rear delt here.

Band face pulls w/average
3x11

Notes: Nothing special here.

 

Wife is away on a 1 week trip to see the folks, meaning I'm cooking for myself.  I tend to lose weight when they happens, but I at least have a ton of groceries.  It's all south of the border this week.  Last time this happened, I had tacos 4 nights in a row.  What a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment