Monday, January 5, 2009

Training Log: Entry 679

ME lower

Feet elevated trap bar lifts
135x7
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x1
365x1
405x1
455x1
500x1
515x1
495x1

Notes: All numbers are based on the assumption that the trap bar weighs 45lbs.  Was standing on 25lb plates.  Man I love the strain I can generate with this lift.  Got brave and took the belt out a notch, and will continue to do this for all other deadlifts and possibly squats.  Having the belt out forces me to keep my abs full of air and tight to ensure that the belt is tight around my core.  No problems with grip whatsoever.  Hit a snag above my left hip while lowering the bar.  Remember not to attempt to decelerate.  Slam if necessary.  I can buy a new bar and weights, a new back is hard to come by.

Deadlifts from plates of 355
3x3

Notes: Experimented with different styles.  Hips high and hips low mainly.  Remember to hump the bar once it gets above the knees.

SSB good mornings of 135
15,11,8,6

Notes: Might keep the weight here for a while, or maybe up it more and try for a constant set/rep scheme.  Focused on squeezing the glutes on the way up.

Band side bends w/light
3x10

Notes: Playing around here.  After trying the chops, I've stuck with my original thought that though a twisting oblique movement can be effective, the shearing force it places on the spine isn't worth it for me.  I noticed that during the period of time I was doing the chops my back felt much less stable than it had in a long time, and I was feeling more pain than before.  Possibly a coincidence, but I'm not gonna chance it.

Neck harness work with 50lbs.

 

Diet has been going well.  Lots of greens and fruits.  Wife says I'm looking bigger.  My arms, and specifically my shoulders are looking pretty good in the right light.  I got my dip bar attachment in the mail today, and will hit up some dips soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment