Thursday, March 12, 2009

Training Log: Entry 704

ME upper

Dips
Bodyweight x 5
25x3
45x3
65x2
90x1
135x3
135x2
135x2

Notes: Minimal elbow pain.  Second rep of second set I ended up supermanning.  Need to stop doing that, but better than failing a rep.

Incline bench of 155
10,8,5

Notes: I die out on these so easy.  Hit a pause with a wider grip.  Don't wanna turn this into a second RE day, so I might hit more weight.

Tricep pulldowns w/70
15,10,10,8

Notes: No idea what 70 means, but it's more than last week.

DB rows of 140
8,7,5,5

Notes: Think it's time to move to something else.  These are getting nice and heavy, but my form is a little lax.  Think some pulley work might be good, or maybe some t-bar rows.

EZ bar curls w/80 superset with average band pull aparts
8/10, 8/10, 5

Notes: Can't stand curls.  Gonna just do 1 day a week, and do more upper back work in place of here.  Need to remember to do Kelso shrugs while I have access to an adjustable bench.

 

So I weighed myself at 203.5  Not too bad all things considered.  My appetite is through the roof, and nothing I eat is enough.  My cals are way up.  I think this is a result of all the non-lifting activity I'm doing.  Everyday I'm moving furniture and old weights and stuff, and it's really getting me a workout.  It's also not impacting my recovery much.  When all is said and done, I need to start getting some more GPP.  My body composition is improving, and I can eat more while improving my conditioning.

2 comments:

  1. Try single arm cable rows? They give me great lat activation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of straying away from unilateral at the moment, however I did have great activation when I did the movement with bands.

    ReplyDelete