Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Training Log: Entry 707

ME lower

Box squats
Barx5
135x3
225x3
315x1
365x1
405x4
425x2

Notes: I felt weak walking into the gym, and thought this was gonna be a deload, but when I hit 365 in the warm-up, it went up so easily I felt like going for something new.  The 405 was a good effort.  I might've been able to hit a 5th, but it would been ugly.

For some feedback on my RE lower experiment, my form was the best it's been...well...ever.  I pushed my knees out the whole time and really called my PC into it.  I didn't stall out of the hole like I normally do, and knees only buckled on the second rep of the 425 set, after a fair degree of fatigue.  I'm thinking of keeping the box squat as the ME movement and the squats as an RE for a while.

Front squats of 225
3x3

Notes: Didn't really like the zerchers, might give them a go later in life, but the front squats went well today.  Did them cross armed.

Good mornings of 235
6,5,5

Notes: These kicked my ass.  Focused on keeping the arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment