Monday, March 16, 2009

Training Log: Entry 706

RE upper

Bench press of 225
12,5,4,3

Notes: Just did this to get a feel for the bench again.  However, the benches in the base gym suck.  They're too low to the ground, retarding my leg drive, and slippery as hell, retarding my ability to arch and drive.  I'm faced with a few options.  I can go back to the DB pressing, or I might actually try to work in some speed work.  I originally started the RE work to rebuild the lost muscle around my shoulders and pecs to maintain stability on heavy benches, and from what I can tell, that mission has been accomplished.  Meanwhile, I've noticed I'm plateuaing on my RE work with the babell, getting to the same weight and just petering out.  Some speed work might be good just get a break.

Maybe 3 week waves, DB pressing and speed benching.

Dips w/60lbs
4,4,3

Miniband front raises
4x15

Notes: Noticing my traps are tight after this movement.  Need to relax the upperback on the raises to get the front delts in.  That being said, done with this for a while.

Angled handle pull-ups
10,10,5,5

Lat pulldowns of 140
3x10

Notes: Had to work in with someone on the pull-ups, decided to abandon them and go for the lat pulldowns.  I feel like an idiot for not using these the entire time, as it's one of the few cable movements I really like.  Got a ton of lat activation, and minimal strain on my joints/tendons.  Use straps next time to prevent my forearms from burning out.

Kelso shrugs of 105
2x10

Notes: These are still really awkward for me.  I'm gonna use a lighter weight next time and do a billion reps to figure out form.

No comments:

Post a Comment