Friday, August 16, 2013

Training Log: Entry 1489

NOTE: I have been without internet for the past few days due to moving to my new permanent location.  There will be two workouts logged here, but the bigger news is that these are my last two workouts at commercial gyms, as I now have my home gym back.  Also, I will be competing in this strongman competition

http://www.nastrongman.com/pdf/2013/Santa_cruz_sstrongmanfinal.pdf

As such, I will be incorporating event training with my powerlifting work.


Squat 545
1x2

Notes: May have had a triple in me, but with how much I had been struggling with this weight, I would take what I could get.

Squats 360
3x10

Squats 270
1x20

Hamstring curls
150

KB swings 50
8x3

Notes: Going with an idea of training more explosiveness that repetition with this.

Neck work

DB farmer's walks

Notes: These are terrible, so I will be building implements.


Bench press
5x235
5x275
5x310
20x255 w/catapult

Notes: I have been moving in to my new house these past 2 workouts, and show up to the gym feeling beat down while having amazing showings.  Perhaps some sort of correlation to examine.

Chins
250 total

Fat gripz meadows row 50
8x15

Notes: With all the grip and axel work in the comp, I want to start getting comfortable w/thick grip lifting, and considering my hurt ab, this is a blessing.

DB press 100
2x10
3x5

Notes: Far more difficulty shouldering the weight than actually pressing it.  Lost most of my energy there.

Curls/extensions/rear delts

No comments:

Post a Comment