Monday, August 26, 2013

Training Log: Entry 1498

Press
5x200
3x225
0x250

Notes: Can't even get the weight to move off my chest.  It's stapled.  Time to take my own advice.  This isn't working, so I'm moving on to something else.  Going to be doing some ROM progression with presses, suspended the bar in chains in the rack.  Most likely will have to do them seated, as my rack is too short for standing presses in this fashion.  Think I'm going to start with 225 and roll from there.

Chins
200 total

Fat gripz DB rows 110
5x10

Axel incline presses 175
5x10

Axel push press 200
1x10

2 comments:

  1. Since you were stuck at the bottom and you're doing ROM progression as the answer I take it you don't think much of training sticking points, either? I did partial presses years ago when I was running Westside and I was actually weaker at them than full ones. It really felt like it was all triceps and less delts, although that might not make sense and I'm probably wrong. It just makes me really keen on following where you're able to go with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see it as being stuck at the bottom so much as simply being too weak to do the weight. My thoughts are that, by starting with an overload at the top and progressing downward, I am prepping my body for heavier and heavier loads once it reaches the full range.

      I read a theory that raw lifters don't have sticking points, and they're simply too weak to make the lift. The idea is that sticking points is only something you develop in geared lifting due to the technique of the gear. I'm starting to believe it.

      I'll let you know how my success is with it. Once my bench stalls on 5/3/1, I'm definitely moving this direction, such that all of my training is ROM progression. Seems I found a working gimmick for now.

      Delete