Sunday, August 18, 2013

Training Log: Entry 1491

(3) Mat Pulls 565
1x11

Notes: Spent 6 hours working with a hand drill yesterday to build my farmer's walk implements, and had no idea how much it had taken out of me until I tried to do this workout yesterday.  Couldn't pull the weight off the floor at all, so I called it a day and ended up eating a medium pizza and drinking half a gallon of gatorade in one sitting.  Turns out I was fatigued.  Seems I did what I needed to do, as this went smoothly.

SSB Squats 245+chains
3x10

155+chains
1x20

Notes: It's brutal coming back to this, but I need it.

GHR
4x15

Fat grip DB rows 105
4x12

Notes: Open grip is my weakness right now, so my plan is to live fat gripz/axel for my assistance work.

Farmers walks 105 per hand
2x40 meters w/turn
1x60 meters w/turns

Notes: Training per the event, 20 meters with a turn and 20 meters back.  75lbs light of competition weight per hand, but I just wanted to get a feel for the technique here first time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment