Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1729

(14) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats 445+chains
1x4

Notes: I am willfully and intentionally choosing to be stupid here.  I know the SSB doesn't transfer to my barbell squat well, but with my shoulder being jacked up and my weight being light on the barbell, I want to just run this movement while I can.  It absolutely destroys me, and is honestly the only heavy lower body lifting I can do first thing in the morning due to how absolutely untechnical it is.  My lats amazingly enough are what got hit the hardest here.  Lets see what happens after the end of the cycle.

GHR
3x10

Reverse hyper 330
3x10

GHR sit up 25
3x8

SSB Squats 225+chains
1x20

Notes: Need to get more squat volume.  I'm definitely lacking.  Work this into saturday and sunday workouts.

4 comments:

  1. I've noticed that too. I mean, I'd still get stronger doing SSB squats just from doing a heavy squatting motion but it's not like going from Swiss bar to straight bar benching where there's a major boost.

    Are you training without eating anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely makes me stronger, just not at the squat proper. It's still an awesome movement, just not direct.

      I eat 2 pop tarts and a diet soda before training in the morning. I like how quickly I can eat them and have my stomach settle. Something I picked up from competition.

      Delete
  2. When I trained at 3:45 in the morning hummus was a godsend. Easy on the stomach but with ample protein and slow-digesting carbs. Although Pop Tarts have been your time-honored tradition for as long as I can remember, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are definitely better decisions from a nutritional standpoint, but I usually just try to get in as many calories as quickly as possible without getting sick. I used to use a protein shake too, but it didn't sit well.

      Delete