Sunday, October 12, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1731

(6) Mat Pulls 610
1x15

Notes: Finally managed 2 rest pauses (3 pick ups total).  Been a while since I had the energy to manage this.  Fell forward on the second rep and actually ended up pausing for a second to correct before getting another 7 reps, which speaks volumes of the sort of strength and control I am developing here.  As an aside, Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls" seems to be a great song for max effort attempts, but in turn is a poor choice for weekly training.  I was getting too excited and had to actually calm myself down before my set.  When I was younger, I thought I needed to be ballistic before every attempt, but now I've learned that training in a non-excited state makes me much stronger.

Squats
405x5
315x15
225x15
135x15

Notes: Short training time, wanted to get the important stuff.  Found out squats are also bugging my left shoulder, so I'm taking my grip out a little further.  These weren't drop sets, just dropping weight per set.  Really liked this, think I need to keep it up to get volume and squat practice.  Might try smaller jumps and alternating front squats once I get to around 225.



General notes: I'm at a real stupid place with my bodyweight.  By all accounts, I should just be eating more and getting bigger and stronger, but I'm lean (for me) right now and enjoying it too much. Right now, being stupid seems to be the theme of my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment