Saturday, October 18, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1735

(5) Mat Pulls 610
1x11

Notes: Proudest I've ever been of a mat pull.  Only 1 rest pause, managed 7 reps in the first breath, which is an all time PR.  I actually seemed to get a second wind at the 7th rep, and exhaled purely to ensure I didn't pass out.  When I set the bar down, it was like the vacuum after a nuclear explosion as I exhaled all the air out of my lungs.  A neighbor was walking by with her dog and gave me a pretty funny look while I made sounds that existed in no language but I am fairly certain were still profane.

Kettlebell swings
3x10

Standing Ab wheel
9,9,8

DOH holds 405
60 seconds

Squats
6x405
3x405
16x315
8x315
18x225

Notes: This was absolutely badass.  Pattern here, hit a max amount of reps, next set, half as many, drop a plate, hit a max, rest, half as many, drop a plate, repeat.  Was going to do one more after the 18 of 225, but wife came home with pizza, and after helping carry things into the house, my legs absolutely flooded with blood and I was done.  Going to hit this again for a while.  Thinking I'll make my squat day more assistance work focused and this day more squatting focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment